Grabo.bg is one of the most popular and recognizable online marketplaces in Bulgaria, specialized in the sale of attractive offers - popular services and experience (travel, entertainment, events, food, wellness, services, etc). More than 10000 local Bulgarian businesses has used the platform to sell their services to the mass audience. Established in 2010, it has been part of NBG (majority stake) since 2015.
Launch date: 6 September 2010
In mid-2010, shortly after Groupon gained explosive popularity, thousands of similar platforms (so-called "group buying sites") were created all over the world, trying to adapt the Groupon model to their local markets.
Grabo.bg was one of the first such projects in Bulgaria. The business and the platform were created from scratch, without investors or large companies supporting the founders.
Although within the first two years the market already had over 150 such services, in a short time Grabo.bg managed to establish itself as a market leader and pioneer in the industry, due to the unique approach of adapting the group-buying model in Bulgaria, the innovative web platform and of course the enormous hard work.
Ever since, Grabo.bg maintains its leadership position in the relevant niches.
Awards & Recognition
Grabo.bg is a winner of various awards over the years:
- - 2011, "BG Site": First place in "E-Shops"
- - 2011, "BG Site": Special award for UX
- - 2012, "Webit": Best use of Affiliate marketing
- - 2012, "BG Site": First place in "Grand Prix"
- - 2012, "BWA": First place in "Online business"
- - 2012, "BWA": Best website
- - 2013, "BG Site": First place in "Mobile apps"
- - 2013, "BG Site": Second place in "Mobile sites"
- - 2013, "BG Site": Second place in "E-Commerce"
- - 2014, "BG Site": Second place in "Online presence"
Grabo Team & Markets
The current team consists of 75 people located in Bulgaria, with local presence in 10 cities - Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Pleven, Dobrich, Shumen, Veliko Tarnovo.